Sunday, August 20, 2017

Farewell General Alvear

                                                                                                           

Hola! 
          Well… I’m not in General Alvear anymore. The big news of the week is that I got transferred. Elder Ramos and I are now in San Juan, in the city, Villa Krause. We had a nice travel of about 8 hours yesterday that kind of killed me. Haha!  I was pretty surprised about the transfer but this providence of San Juan is known as the “Zion” of the mission where people are just a lot more receptive to the gospel.  As well, the weather is pretty nice in Villa Krawse right now. But in the summer, it gets up to about 110 so, we’ll see how that goes.
Like always, it was really tough to leave all of the members, investigators, and friends I made in Alvear. That city was actually such a fun city to be in. The people were amazing and I made so many good friends! I’m grateful for the time I spent there.
On Monday, we had a lesson with a family who, after a long fight with an illness, lost their daughter about 3 years ago. During the lesson, they told us about the story of their daughter’s illness and how they literally lost everything when she died. The family feels like they literally lost everything when she died because they were praying so hard and waiting for a miracle but then nothing happened and she died. It was actually such a sad lesson because they lost so much when she died. They lost their faith and don’t believe in anything anymore. I was just sitting there trying to think of what I could say to this family and it made me realize how grateful I am for the Plan of Salvation and the comfort that the plan gives us! We don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow but God really has a plan for every single one of us. I know this!

This email is a short one because I’m busy but, I’m really excited to be here in my new area, a great providence of the mission! 
 
I love you!

Elder Roderick 



No comments:

Post a Comment