Thursday, October 19, 2017

On the Lord's Team

¡Familia!                                                                                                                 

This week we found out that San Juan is full of witches and witchcraft.  Literally, five different people told us stories about witches. To be honest, it freaked me out a little bit. One man approached us on the street and he was in a panic.  He told us that his ex-wife had put a witch on him.  So, he asked us for a blessing to help him feel better. Fortunately, we didn’t have any personal experiences with witches, but pray for us anyway.
We actually had a really good week of work.  We walked and taught a ton so that made it good week. We are working with the Murua Family and we’ve seen some really cool things happen with them.  They are a very Christ-like family and they’re always looking for ways to help others. Their recent project is a foundation to provide food for kids who don’t get fed enough at their own home. They had everything ready to start feeding kids, except for a place to make and serve the food.  They’d been looking for weeks and hadn’t had much luck.  Then, one day after a lesson, they received a call about a property that was ready for them to buy and the next day they had the keys. Then, this week we passed by their house to give a blessing to their grandpa and they told us they were struggling with the government and having difficulty getting a donation to buy more food. So, we show up and out of nowhere, the husband enters the house with 11,000 pesos in his hand! Literally, it was a miracle! Now they think that every time we pass by, something wonderful is going to happen. Our experiences with this family have actually been really cool because we haven’t really done anything different than we usually do. But lately, they have been really blessed.
 This week we also taught Karen a couple of times. She’s made such great progress but it’s tough for her to continue to progress because her boyfriend is addicted to drugs and alcohol, which of course, affects her too. While working with her, I’ve realized how much a person’s decisions and actions can affect others. It’s hard to watch Karen try to make correct choices and make progress as an investigator only to be brought back down again by her boyfriend. 
Also this week, we were lucky enough to find three more great families to teach and they all happen to live on the same block. The best part about serving in Villa Krause is that there are so many families and people who let us into their homes.
This week I thought about how fortunate I am to be serving a mission. I am so grateful that God trusts me to teach some of His children.  Serving a mission is not easy and we get rejected a lot more than we get accepted but it truly is such a blessing to be an instrument in the Lord’s hands. I don’t know what I did to be so lucky to have the opportunity to serve a mission and to have so much support from home to push me along. I feel so grateful to be a part of the Lord’s team. Every day is a humbling experience and an opportunity to realize how blessed I truly am.

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast 
of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; 
yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, 
for which we will praise his name forever.
Alma 26:12

Elder Roderick

No comments:

Post a Comment