Sunday, April 22, 2018

What a Great Feeling!

¡Hola!                                                                                                                           
If you know the feeling of returning to your pench on Sunday night, dog tired from a busy week, and you look at your companion and ask, “Tomorrow is PDay?” then you know what a great feeling it is.  We had a killer week and we were able to see the fruits of our labors every day!On Tuesday morning, we were doing our morning exercises and while I was lying down doing some ab work (Six months to sexy! LOL!) and out of nowhere, everything started to shake and it felt like I was lying on Jello. Little earthquakes are common here in Mendoza but this one was quite a bit bigger and it lasted for about two minutes. It was certainly a memorable experience.
Also on Tuesday, we had personal interviews with President Panzacchi and the two of us had an awesome chat about the work and how I’m doing personally. During my interviews with President I’m always struck by the fact that it’s literally the only time I think about myself. Every moment of the day, missionaries think about others and their missionary work so it feels funny to stop and talk about myself. But, I am so grateful to have a mission President who makes himself available to talk with each individual missionary. I can feel his love. We talked about how I can really take advantage of the final few months I have in my mission. As well, we talked about the power and authority of our callings as missionaries. Sometimes I forget how important my calling really is because the work has just become part of my daily routine. So, it was powerful to be reminded that missionary work is truly the greatest work on the face of the earth today.
Lately we’ve been working with many part member families and we’ve had a lot of success doing it. We are teaching a momma, her 19-year old daughter, Florencia, and her 9 -year old son, Bantista. The momma was baptized 20 years ago and fell away from the church a few years later. Fortunately, a few days ago we were able to find them and since then, we’ve had some powerful spiritual lessons with them. It’s been really cool to watch the mom get back into the groove of things and align her life with the gospel again. During one of our lessons, the mom told us that she’s been waiting to come back to the church and our visits have given her the motivation she needed to do so.
Our Latina, Ivanna, is progressing very well. This week, we invited her to be baptized and she accepted! Now, she just needs to receive a personal answer about the truthfulness of the gospel. So, we are praying very hard for her! On Sunday, she came to church with her husband and they were very nervous to enter a church that wasn’t Catholic but everything went smoothly and they enjoyed the meetings. In order to see Ivanna get baptized, we’re going to need a lot of help from above but I’m confident it will happen!
This week I also received my birthday package and it was so awesome to read the notes from friends and family. Thank you for taking time to write to me! Thank you also for the chocolate malt mix. I’ve been enjoying chocolate banana malts all week long so I’m a very happy camper.

Mucho Amor!

Elder Roderick 

No comments:

Post a Comment