Sunday, May 20, 2018

I'm Feelin' Good!

What’s up, Fam?                                                                                                        
This week was actually pretty good.  At the first of the week we had interviews with President Panzzachi and we talked about a lot of good stuff.  He talked to me about my temple recommend and freak!  It took me by surprise because I haven’t even thought about the fact that it will have expired when I get home. I always seem to have the longest interviews with President.  We just get talking and he tells me stories about his mission and his life and how he has continually become more and more converted to the Church. It’s actually really cool to be able to sit down with him and learn from him.  He’s such a good dude and he’s helped me so much while I’ve been serving. He gave me some really good advice about how to finish my mission strong.
Then, since we were in downtown Mendoza (because that’s where the mission offices are), we took advantage of the situation and went to an American restaurant where on Wednesdays they have “Wing Wednesday.” This place is completely American. In fact, the word “Wednesday” doesn’t even exist in Spanish. I’m going to be totally honest.  It was awesome! On Wednesdays, they have all-you-can-eat-wings and every person ate at least thirty wings each. 

Other than our trip downtown we had a regular work week.  Our girl, Ivanna, is on her way to the States, which stinks for us because we lost contact with her. David, our other strong investigator who is on home arrest, is doing really well.  His family is crazy but he’s doing well.  He loves to learn about God and the Book of Mormon, which is really cool.  The other day we were having the second lesson with him and when we asked, “What did you learn this week?” He told us that he read fifty pages in the Book of Mormon and then he retold the whole story of 1 Nephi.  He said, “Nephi had so much faith and he was so obedient.  Even when his brothers were murmuring against him, he had no problem continuing on their journey because he knew the Lord would provide a way for him.” We just sat there, stunned!  He went on and told us about how Nephi tried to build a boat and how the Lord directed him to do it.  It was so awesome to listen to him.
Florencia and her brother, Batista are doing really well too.  Florencia couldn’t come to church because her daughter had a birthday party, which was frustrating but Batista might get baptized this coming weekend because he’s more than ready.  I know they’ll both get baptized, eventually. We also started teaching Alejandro’s mom. He’s our recent convert and he’s been able to get his mom interested. She is pregnant and she smokes like crazy; like two boxes a day. She’s had this addiction for a very long time so it’s tough for her to break it.  However, we went to their house this week and she told us she stopped smoking.  “Yea, I just quit smoking” she said. “Wow!” we thought and when we asked her what happened to make her stop, she said, “Well, I realized I could save money and it will be better for the baby.” This was such awesome news and it made us excited for her.  Now, she just has to get married.  It’s always something!
The rest of the week was chill.  We’re just trying to find more people to teach. It was great to talk to you guys.  It was so cool to see everyone in so many different places and it made me grateful for the technology we have that makes a four-way Skype possible.  

I’m feelin’ good! Have a great week!

Elder Roderick 

No comments:

Post a Comment