Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Another Great Week

¡Hola!                                                                                                                              
            This was another great week in the mission field. My companion got the cold that I had last week but he felt a lot worse, so we had to take a few hours off so he could get better.  LOL!  I had to play nurse on Tuesday and Wednesday but we’re all good now.
            On Thursday, I attended my final zone conference and I felt the same way I did during my last few weeks of high school when graduation was approaching and everyone was tired of the seniors.  LOL! I still can’t believe it was my last zone conference and I basically said “goodbye” to the mission.  Those of us who are leaving shared our testimonies and I had some time to reflect on what I’ve learned and experienced while serving.  The conference was great and we focused on progressing the work by having more spiritual experiences with our investigators so they can receive their answer when they are with us, instead of waiting for them to do it on their own. There is a ton of energy for the work.  We’re just trying to speed up the process so we can get people into the waters of baptism more quickly. 
            Our investigator, Solanje, who came to church last week is doing so well.  We were able to teach her again this week and get to know her a little bit better.  She is so eager to learn more and she’s really smart so she understands the doctrine very well. When we talked to her about baptism, she got very excited and said she is looking forward to taking that next step in her life.  Her father died 4 years ago and a few years ago, she also had a kid. So, when we taught her about the Plan of Salvation we had a powerful experience with her.  It was amazing to see the comfort she received when she heard about the wonderful plan our Heavenly Father has for us.  She is living with members right now so this makes it easy for her talk about the Church and ask questions about it.  Her baptism is planned for next Saturday, my last day in the mission field.  So, I’m pretty pumped about it. 
            We didn’t have a lot of time to find new people this week. So, we mostly just kept teaching the people we’ve found in the previous weeks.  Estela & Nazarero, Agostina and David are all doing well.  Agostina got a little frustrated with us this week because she is feeling a lot of pressure to get baptized, but she loves the Church, has a testimony and lives like a member.  So, we’ll see what happens with her…
            The other day, Argentina lost their match in the World Cup so the people were a little angry and riled up but now we have more time to teach them because they’re not watching the games. LOL!

S/O to Sissy in the D.R. with H.E.F.Y! 
Much love, 

Elder Roderick


No comments:

Post a Comment