Sunday, May 21, 2017

A Visit to the Temple

Hola!                                                                                                                     
Wow! What a joy it was to see my beautiful family yesterday and chat with them! Also, Happy Mother’s Day, yesterday, to all of the wonderful mothers out there!! I was blessed with the greatest of them all! I love you so much, Shelly!! My momma and Jesus Christ light my world like nobody else can!
This week we put in a good amount of work by trying to find new people to teach. You can never have too many investigators so we “Opened the Mouth” a bunch this week. When we’re searching for people to teach, one thing I love to do is interact with the kids on the street.  Kids are much easier to connect with and usually, they will lead us to a family. Most of the kids in Argentina love to play soccer so I’m working on my feet skills to gain their respect. Haha! Like I told my family yesterday, I’m looking for a league down here to join so I can make some money on the side of this mission thing. LOL
On Tuesday, our bishop joined us at the home of the Sanchez Family and we had an awesome lesson with them. We talk about the law of chastity and invited them to get married and they accepted without hesitation! Fortunately, the mom has a friend in the government so I’m praying that their marriage can happen quickly so they can get in the water soon! We also used our teaching opportunity to talk about temples and eternal families. We explained what they need to do as a family to be able to be sealed together! Then, they made me promise that I will be there when they get sealed as a family! So, July of 2018! I’m praying for that! DREAM BIG!!
Also, this week there was a huge car race in Villa Mercedes and the population of the city increased by at least 50 thousand people. Literally, we could hear the cars racing throughout the day. We were miles away and we could still hear them rattling. That made the city “buzz” a lot more and it made the week much more entertaining and of course, easier to talk with people!

This week we were also able to experience a great reward. Pedro and Victor, who just got baptized in the last few months, were able to go to the temple this weekend with the ward!! They both performed baptisms and on Sunday, during church, they showed me tons of pictures and told me about the awesome experience they had. Pedro even got up to the pulpit and shared what he felt as he got baptized for his grandpa who died a few years ago! I was so pumped to hear about their experiences in the temple and especially, to hear them share the feelings they felt there! The ward is lucky to have the nearest temple only a few hours away and they go every couple of months so I’m praying Pedro and Victor can build a habit of going often to the house of the Lord!!
As I talked to the fam yesterday, I told them I feel like I am starting the equivalent of “2 a-days” in my mish and the next 7 months will be a big grind but I’m looking forward to what is in store!

I love you guys so much! Finish the school year strong!!

Elder Roderick

















No comments:

Post a Comment