Friday, September 29, 2017

Busy Villa Krause and a Birthday Surprise

Familia,                                                                                                          

Another six weeks has passed which means we had transfers again. As a result, the four-man pench no longer exists.  I’ll be staying in Villa Krause with Elder Vega.  He’s from Chile and he’s a homie because he’s fluent in English and he’ll be going to BYU next fall. Since there are only two of us in the area now, we now have double the territory to cover. We also have double the work because we have all of my investigators and all of those Elder Vega had with companion.  So, it’s safe to say that we’ll be pretty busy this transfer!  It was tough to say, “Goodbye” to my kid, Elder Ramos but I’ll be able to see him again soon.  Also, the Assistants are now in our district so I need to make sure they behave themselves. Haha!
This week was a pretty good one and we taught a lot of lessons. One day, when we were knocking doors, a missionary from an Evangelical church opened the door and we began a conversation about religion and we tried to explain to her why there are so many different religions today. I think we opened her eyes a little bit because she told that she was very familiar with the Bible but she had never interpreted it the way we explaining it to her.  I was a really cool experience because usually people in her position don’t even give us a second of their time but she did. I just pray that she can make a leap of faith and put into practice the things we shared with her.
We were also able to get together with our amigo, Humberto.  We taught him about the Plan of Salvation and we used the scriptures to emphasize and explain our purpose on earth.  It was such an awesome lesson because Humberto told us that a light switched in his head and he was able to understand the purpose of our life on earth.  Humberto also gave me a tie with the logo of my favorite Argentine soccer team on it.  So, it’s safe to say that now we’re “bros.”

On Thursday night, we had little meeting with our Bishop to talk about the missionary work in the area.  Our meeting went a little past our curfew so we were hurrying back to our pench and right as we were about to turn the corner to our pench, we saw President Panzacchi’s car at the gas station that is right in front of our apartment.  I thought he was going to be angry with us for being out late but instead, he invited us to get ice cream with him because it was his birthday.  No one had any idea that it was his birthday and I felt a little bad about that. But, it’s all good.
On Saturday night, the Young Men in our ward and those from the neighboring ward got together to play some soccer. The youth invited their friends who aren’t members and the four missionaries put on a little class for the youngsters and showed them how foreigners play soccer. It was actually such a good time and there were about twenty kids there.  So, it was a big success!
The week we also taught Marcelo & Roxanne as well as the Torres Family. All of them are preparing to get baptized so, they’re progressing very well. I’m very excited for them!
I also had to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday. Of course, for the first time since I’ve been here, the chapel was full!  I talked about why the Book of Mormon is important to me and I talked about how it teaches us to depend on the Lord, that it gives us examples of repentance/change, and it gives us comfort and answers to questions.  I expressed that it is the key to my testimony of the truthfulness of the Church.  People were nodding their heads, so I think they understood me.  Haha!

On to the next one!

Elder Roderick

No comments:

Post a Comment