Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Just Grindin'


Hey Fam!!                                                                                                               

It’s been another great week down here in the CCM! (MTC in Spanish). I have learned so much again and had some great experiences. My friends and I all met up to greet Marcus at the curb on Wednesday and it was such a great feeling. We all knew it wasn't a coincidence that his visa didn't go through. The days are really starting to repeat themselves and blend in, which can be actually be really frustrating, but I continue to stay motivated. It was kind of another up and down week down here though. Sometimes you are just feelin’ it and want to read every page in the BOM in one sitting and other times you just want nothing more than a nap. That happens every day actually. 10-minute power naps keep me going, of course.
Elders Roderick, Leone, Parkin & Croft 
This week we taught a lot more and spoke a lot more Spanish. While in class, we made a class goal to not speak any English, which can be difficult but it forces us to speak a lot more. I learn so much better when I'm just talking to someone and trying to expand my vocabulary rather than sitting by myself looking at flashcards, which I really need to work on. Amann and I have totally gained some unity together while we teach and we have taught some really powerful lessons. We were able to teach our district meeting this week and it went really well. I have learned to love teaching mainly because I also learn so much! Just guiding a discussion is a lot better than lecturing. We taught our teacher, Hermana Barlow, and it was one of our rougher lessons because we didn't really know how to address her needs. Then, however, we were able to tell her that we wanted to help her with her life by showing her how she could learn the gospel, instead of us just teaching her. Since then we have had some spiritually filled lessons and she's been really happy with us.
We got a new teacher this week named Hermano Wooden. The dude looks like he is 17 and just got off his mission about 2 months ago. I love him though, he knows exactly what we need and how to say it to us. When he talks to us I can actually understand everything he says, which is really comforting. He also really tries to address our personal needs and it helps so much. In a lesson this week, Amann and I were teaching to our TRC girl, Maribel, about how we are all children of God and in the other room some missionaries started singing "I am a child of god" and she started crying so hard! The Spirit was so strong and all she could say was "no coincidencia." It was so cool! She is such a sweet woman and I love teaching her. She actually has some health problems and we weren't able to teach her one day but she says the missionaries that teach her keep her going and allow her to be herself! I told her I wish I could give her a hug pero us missionaries have "mucho regalos". I have really found my purpose down here and I just pray that I can keep the motivation that I have going for me run.
Elders from Highland High School 
Probably the biggest thing I learned this week is patience. I was in class and started to get really down on myself because for some reason I wasn't able to speak as well and I was really discouraged but then I thought to myself, “No one just learns a language in a couple weeks!” I've tried to find a balance between setting high goals for myself but not too high that I feel down when I'm struggling. Also, Amann's Spanish is still a little behind mine so I’ve been really trying to let him try his best in the lessons which can be frustrating because I know what to say in those situations but it's selfish of me to talk the whole time. 
We said “Goodbye” to Taz last night and it was actually pretty tough. Our classes were right next to each other so it will be weird not being able to see him everyday! I was in a lab with Andrew one day this week while he was practicing his Russian and I was just laughing at him as he was spitting Russian. He sounds really good though. On Sunday all four of us were able to have dinner together and then sit in the devotional and movie together. We kind of ditched all of our comps, but it's all good! I’ve got wash my clothes now because I was being "salty" the sisters this week so they won’t do it for me.  LOL!

MUCH LOVE FAM!!!!

P.S. One more thing… I think I should share that during my last two PDays, while in the temple, I have really felt the presence of our grandpas. Last week, I sat in between two empty seats in the celestial room and it really felt like they were there with me. It was a pretty cool experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment