Friday, September 30, 2016

Attitude, Effort and Desires

Familia,                                                                                                       

Wow this week flew by! It was a lot better week than last week and I’m slowly starting to get into the flow of this mission thing! 
We had a lot of new investigators to talk with this week so I was really excited for the work. Since our area in Salto is sooo big we have to strategically plan who we are going to visit on each night because we can’t talk to everyone every night. Basically, none of our investigators who showed interest were actually interested. One girl just accepted our pamphlet to be nice, I guess. She played us hard! And, she had a family so that was really frustrating. I thought we had a chance with her. Two others kept telling us about how their family would not like it if they changed religions and it would cause too many problems for them. So, we really tried to tell them that we just want to help others come unto Christ and not necessarily change their religion. 


              I got the full Argentine treatment with these kind of people this week. I have noticed many things about the people this week that have kind of changed my plan of attack but there will always be a way to their hearts. We spent a lot of the week on bikes and we had a couple of bike problems that really set us back. In reality, it wasn’t a very good week for the work but I've just got to keep my head down and keep working. Working hard and giving it my all with a smile on my face is the best thing I can do! 


This Sunday was also the first Sunday with sacrament meeting in our pench and it was very different, to say the least. We had fifteen people in attendance. I think at my farewell, there were that many administering the sacrament! It made me really miss P1 but I’m grateful that we had the opportunity to partake of the sacrament. The ward family consists of three families, an older man, and a 20-year old kid. Since only a few people come to church I wonder why we even have this ward but, obviously, these people need it! There really is a purpose for me being here in this tough area and I haven’t really found it yet but I’m sure I will find it eventually. 



Attitude, effort and desires are what we control in this life so give those three things all you have and eventually something good will happen. 

I love you all so much and I am so grateful to have such a great family!!

Elder Roderick


P.S. Also, dogs suck!  They almost kill me everyday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment