Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Preserverar Hasta El Fin

Familia!!! Whats goin on??                                                                                

Just another week down in paradise, you know. LOL! It's so weird how time flies down here. My days are spent in class studying all day, but they go by soooo fast. It's really weird and hard to explain but I'm sure Matthew and Dad know what I'm talking about. But, this week was another really good one.  Of course, I learned a lot and had tons of fun doing it. The subject is "Enduring to the End" in Spanish. That's kind of what my MTC experience has turned into but I have maintained a positive attitude (I think) and I am really enjoying my days in P-town. 
S/O to the Rams #ONESUP and the Utes for taking care of business this week! I love it, Baby! Football season is the best time of year. Of course, at the devotional this week, the conductor had to tell everyone how BYU beat Arizona. I just rolled my eyes and laughed because they won't be saying the same this weekend. When I found out they won, I just pictured that video of Bronco Mendenhall crowd-surfing in the locker room and acting like they won the national championship.
We started last week with a devotional from Richard J Maynes and he talked about the worth of one soul in the eyes of God and how important it is if we can just plant a seed in someone's heart. We also celebrated Amann's birthday that night with the District and it was hecka’ chill. One of the days this week we set a goal as a District to only speak Spanish for the entire day. From the time we woke up, to the time we went to bed, it was completely Spanish. LOL! It actually was kind of fun. Coincidentally, Parkin was doing the same thing on the same day, except for speaking in Russian, so when I saw him in the TRC building we had our companions translate for us and we had a three-language conversation. LOL! It was whack but actually way cool. Also, at the beginning of the week, someone in Nonu's room in our building got bed bugs so his whole floor had to wash everything and then move buildings for a day. It was actually pretty comical. 
We taught our TRC girl, Maribel, for the last times this week and it was actually kind of sad. I loved teaching her and I was able to love her so much. I also don't think I have ever laughed harder than when I was with her. She was constantly cracking jokes, but at the same time, the Spirit was always so strong in our lessons. 
This week I gained a real love for my man, Hermano Wooden. He is the dopest teacher and helps me out so much with everything. He helps a ton with my Spanish and loves to teach me specific words so I don't sound like such a Gringo when I get down to the ARG. Three separate times this week he pulled me aside and asked me how I was doing and how I was feeling about everything. He also told me how much he loves my attitude and admires the way I can still teach and be spiritual yet, at the same time, be myself and always have fun. Wooden is such a boss and he has helped me so much these last couple weeks.
One thing I really focused on this week was my personal study. With the help of my dope brother, I finally found a really good way to stay organized with my studies and get so much out of them. I studied a ton about the Gifts of the Spirit this week and how we are so lucky to be able to receive the most valuable of Gifts. One specific Gift I learned a lot more about was the Gift of Discernment. Everyone should study this topic and gain a greater knowledge of it. I was so amazed after studying it and then trying to apply it into my lessons. 
Elder Parkin & Elder Roderick
with Henry Morris
A highlight of the week was, of course, Sunday. Sunday morning I had the opportunity to annoint some oil for a blessing for a kid in my district who has been sick for a month. That was chill! Then, during our mission conference, which is every fast Sunday, we heard from the MTC presidency and they were awesome, of course, but the coolest part of the meeting was hearing from the Senior Missionaries who survived the Brussels airport bombing. He told us the story and specifically about how he was feeling in the situation. He talked a lot about the "Will of God" and how it is so important that we accept His will all of the time. Hearing his and his wife's testimonies were some of the most powerful words I have ever heard. Sacrament meeting was awesome again too. President Price always has to read the lips of his wife as he tries to conduct meetings because there is always so much business every week. This week he paused and looked at her for a second and then said, "Yes Honey, Of course I'll dance with you." It was a classic!  The entire audience was dying. Seeing Big Henry on Sunday was also such a blessing, I had no idea he was coming, but it was so nice to see a familiar face. Then, on Sunday night we heard from Chad Lewis who is pretty famous down here, I learned. He talked about his football career and especially his own personal mission and the people who have impacted his life. He told so many cool stories and showed us how much fun a mission can be, as well as the impact it has. It wasn't necessarily the most spiritual devotional but it was definitely the most entertaining. This week we also learned a ton about loving our investigators and we had some really awesome lessons as the teachers shared tons of examples from there own missions. 
            Well, this was way longer than I expected but I can't tell you how pumped I am to get going and actually working. We lost Elder Dallimore and Paulsen this morning and it was actually way tough. Those two guys have been some of my best friends down here and it seemed like we had been friends forever. But, they are off to bigger and better things! Those boys left very early this morning and we slept in their room and so Amann and I decided to go on an early run with Parkin and the Russians. Oh my gosh! I about died out there. It was embarrassing! It didn’t help the situation that Parkin’s companion is a freakin’ Navy dude and he was at the front pacing us! LOL! Good times though. 

Scripture I loved this week: D&C 63 9-12 
9 But, behold, faith cometh not by signs, but signs follow those that believe.
              10 Yea, signs come by faith, not by the will of men, nor as they please, but by the will of God.
              11 Yea, signs come by faith, unto mighty works, for without faith no man pleaseth God; and with whom God is angry
              he is not well pleased; wherefore, unto such he showeth no signs, only in wrath unto their condemnation.    
              12 Wherefore, I, the Lord, am not pleased with those among you who have sought after signs and wonders for faith,                   
              and not for the good of men unto my glory.
Also, check out the talk called "Lifting Burdens" hecka’ chill

Love you all so much and I'm so grateful to be a missionary!!

Elder Wag

No comments:

Post a Comment