Friday, March 2, 2018

A Talent Show - Missionary Style

¿Que Pasa?                                                                                                           

It was one of those weeks where literally, we just blinked and we already back in the chapel again, ending the week. This is the beautiful life of a mission: when the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. Ha-ha! I started off the week by doing inercambios (exchanges) with one of my good friends in the mission, Elder Cuque.  We’ve been in the same zone or district three times, shared a pension together for a transfer and shared a chapel in San Juan.  So, we’ve been together for a long time and we know each other very well.  I went to his area and we had great time together, as always.  I think we’ve done at least seven exchanges together.After the next transfer, he completes his mission and he’s always been a good example to me in the mission.  We’re already planning a reunion at his home in Guatemala.
            The highlight of the week was on Friday night.  We planned an activity with the ward called, “Sucre Tiene Talento.” or “Sucre’s Got Talent” where we had a karaoke contest and it was a blast! We wanted to have a casual activity where the members could bring some of their friends to the chapel and they wouldn’t feel the regular pressure of meeting people and the missionaries at Sacrament Meeting. We also wanted to show them that the Mormons do know how to have some fun. A ton of families came and participated and we sang and danced all night.  Elder Marin and I, along with the Sister missionaries in the ward, sang “Hello” by Adele (missionary version). We made up our own Spanish lyrics and I must admit, it was pretty hilarious. We had everyone dying of laughter.  We even got the Stake President to sing a romantic duet with his wife.  Ha-ha! We ate pizza and enjoyed a really fun night. In all, it was so satisfying to see the ward get together and have some fun. 
            Elder Marin and I are working hard down here in San Luis together, just trying to find the next person who God as prepared for us.  We are just hoping that they are married!
            This week we studied a lot about testimonies and the importance of first, obtaining a testimony and then, strengthening it every day.  It’s not like we receive a testimony and check it off the list.  Rather, it’s something we need to nurture and help grow every single day.  It’s one of our most valuable possessions and we must treat it like that.  I asked myself, “What can I do every day to strengthen my testimony?” While being on my mission, I’ve had some remarkable experiences that have strengthened my personal testimony and I will be eternally grateful for this.

Mucho amor!


Elder Roderick

No comments:

Post a Comment